AIP Corporation ("AIP" or "we"), incorporated in Japan with its head office at 1-14-1 Tamagawa, Setagaya-ku, Tokyo 158-0094, provides various companies and organizations ("Clients") with consumer awareness information and opinions regarding services and products, which will be gathered from market research surveys conducted and coordinated by AIP ("Surveys").
Such information from Surveys as reflects the past and present will enable Clients with AIP to gain insight into and make good decisions about the future. We believe that each of your contributions to the Surveys from each perspective will empower the society as well as Clients. That is why AIP would like to gather various opinions and feelings of different persons with different standpoints. Variety of the opinions and feelings is the key value we are delivering to the society.
Throughout operating our business, AIP understands and respects the privacy and private life of all users (including Members of AIP as well as visitors of AIP Website and collectively "Users" or "you"). In conducting the above business, with respect to privacy and protection of Personal Data, AIP will comply with any applicable laws concerning the handling of Personal Data and also the ICC/ESOMAR Code, which is the code of conduct for the marketing research industry.
Personal data ("Personal Data") means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. Some categories of Personal Data will reveal your information as to the physical or mental health or condition, race, political opinions, religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, or the commission or alleged commission by him of any offence, and such Personal Data ("Sensitive Personal Data") can be used in a discriminating way and therefore must be highly protected.
By signing up your account, the User hereby acknowledges and agrees to the processings of the User’s Personal Data in accordance with this Policy and where applicable, the terms of the Member Agreement.
- The types of Personal Data AIP collects include:
- "Basic profile", which consists of User’s contact details (such as e-mail address, name, date of birth, gender, physical address, phone number, and if necessary payment information) and basic attribute information suggesting your lifestyle or relating to your life stage (such as about your family, education, income, and employment);
- "Detailed Profile", which contains more detailed information about your lifestyle and life stage than Basic Profile;
- "Survey Data" of what answers you made in a Survey;
- Records and history of your usages of AIP services, including which questionnaires you answered and when, how many EPoints have been received and/or consumed;
- Inquiry and opinions to AIP; and
- Cookie data (see the following section for details.) and server logs which AIP automatically collects when the services are accessed.
- AIP may collect directly from a User Sensitive Personal Data, especially in Detailed Profile and Surveys, such as health information where permitted under applicable local laws and if the collection is strongly necessary. In that case, AIP will obtain explicit consent from the User before collecting Sensitive Personal Data.
- AIP does not collect Personal Data of minors (less than 16 year-old) as AIP’s services are not directed to minors.
- AIP and, in case of (4), Clients will use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- Create and maintain your membership, using your Basic Profile, which is necessary for our performance of a contract;
- Screen and send appropriate Surveys to Members, using your Basic Profile, which is necessary for our legitimate interests;
- Further screen and choose candidates for the Surveys, using your Detailed Profile, which is based on your consent;
- Conduct Surveys, which may be initiated by AIP and/or Clients, collect and analyze your answers to find insights, which is necessary for our and/or Client’s legitimate interests;
- Provide you with rewards AIP offers, using your Basic Profile and Records, which is necessary for our performance of a contract;
- Respond to your inquiries, when AIP gets, which is necessary for our performance of a contract or our legitimate interests;
- Develop and improve the services of AIP, using various Personal Data we have, which is necessary for our legitimate interests; and
- Prevent frauds, malicious activities, and any losses associated with such, using various Personal Data we have, which is necessary for our legitimate interests.
- The Personal Data contained in a Survey will be processed and used after aggregation or pseudonimization by deleting at least such direct identifiers as names, addresses, e-mail addresses, etc., so that AIP and the Client will not be able to and will not link any other data source and reach Users directly through that processed information. However, when such direct identifiers or contact details are necessary, AIP and/or Client may collect and use in that specific Survey with appropriate communication with you including notification of special attention beforehand.
- Our legitimate interests to process the Personal Data consist of our mission to conduct fair Surveys, in which we are to collect various and different opinions and feelings and to get insight in the market and society.
- Since AIP and our Clients are different and independent businesses, AIP cannot be responsible for any Client’s misuses, leakages, and other data breaches beyond reasonable controls of AIP. AIP strongly recommends that Users carefully read through a privacy statement or policy of the Client and acknowledge the controller(s), the purposes of use of your Personal Data, and your rights before answering a Survey.
- Your provision of Personal Data to AIP is voluntary, however, in the event that you choose not to provide AIP with certain Personal Data necessary for our performance of the contract and our legitimate interests, you will not be able to gain access to our services and/or enjoy the benefits of having your membership.
- Your Basic Profile and Detailed Profile can be edited, corrected, and for Detailed Profile deleted at any time when you have the access to your account on My Page. AIP always respects your choice of what kinds of Personal Data you would like us to base our candidate screening process on, but on the other hand, we would also like to point out that the more information we have about you, the more chances you have to respond to Surveys and get rewards from AIP.
- If requested in the way described in "Inquiries / Complaints", AIP will provide you with the registered Data of your Basic Profile and Detailed Profile in a portable format.
- Additionally, AIP will respond to your requests such as the followings, and you can exercise your rights to make requests in writing and in the manner described in the section of "Inquiries / Complaints":
- Requesting disclosure and receipt of a copy of your Personal Data;
- Notification of the purposes of AIP’s use of your Personal Data;
- Requesting to change, stop using, and delete your Personal Data which is incorrect or misused;
- Objecting to processings of Personal Data; and
- any other request which the applicable laws grant to you the right to make.
- Notwithstanding the provisions hereof, AIP may not be able respond to your requests related to the personal data processed in accordance with the paragraph 2 of the preceding section since such data will not be able to identify you afterwards.
- AIP will retain your Personal Data for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is collected and further processed.
- More specifically, the Basic Profile and any other necessary Personal Data for the performance of the contract will be retained for 10 years after your account has been closed. The retention period of the Detailed Profile will be up to your choice. Survey Data will be required for 3 years at maximum and AIP then will delete the Survey Data by the end of the fiscal year because in a market research activity AIP often needs it to analyze and know about changes of a market trend from the previous Survey to the current and next.
- Personal Data of those who have made preliminary registration but not completed their sign-up of the Member Agreement will be deleted in 6 months, and AIP will cease using the account of the Member who has been inactive for 2 years until the account is activated by logging into the service again.
- Where necessary to carry out our business operations, AIP may disclose your Personal Data to certain trusted third party service providers, including those located outside of the country where you live.
- Please be assured that we will only disclose your Personal Data in compliance with applicable law, and with the appropriate management and supervision of the relevant third parties.
- On occasion, judicial or regulatory authorities may request access to or disclosure of Personal Data about you for law enforcement purposes. Such requests typically pertain to criminal investigations or other legal proceedings. Where they are necessary and legitimate, we will respond to such requests in accordance with our internal policies and applicable law.
- Additionally, in cases where it is necessary to prevent and mitigate fraudulent or illegal activities, or to protect life, body, or property, AIP may disclose your Personal Data to a third party including AIP’s parent company, subsidiaries, and affiliates to the necessary extent.
- AIP will not use or disclose your Personal Data for purposes not set forth in this Policy without informing you and taking any necessary steps in advance as required under applicable law.
- We are committed to handling your Personal Data in accordance with high security standards and in compliance with applicable law. We do so in order to prevent unauthorized access or unauthorized disclosure of your Personal Data, to maintain the accuracy of such information and, when necessary, to ensure its proper destruction. When collecting or transferring your Personal Data, we employ data encryption technology, and restrict access only to those persons who require it to fulfil their job responsibilities. We conduct periodic reviews of our practices to ensure that our safeguards are properly implemented and remain state of the art.
- Because of the global nature of AIP’s business, the Personal Data that we collect may be transferred to countries whose data protection laws are not as comprehensive as those from where Users are based. When AIP transfers Personal Data overseas, we put in place appropriate safeguards to ensure or to make any 3rd parties ensure protection of your privacy and security of your Personal Data as required under applicable laws. Appropriate data protection contractual clauses and certified Privacy Shield can be such appropriate safeguards to legitimize the international transfers of Personal Data.
- As part of Rakuten group, AIP protects your Personal Data around the world through Rakuten’s global privacy standard. In particular, Rakuten implemented Binding Corporate Rules, a recognized European data protection standard. Binding Corporate Rules (“BCRs”) provide for an appropriate level of protection for global data processing within us. Our rules have been approved by the relevant European Union Authorities and these are also a strong commitment to protect your privacy around the world.
Rakuten’s BCRs are available here: https://corp.rakuten.co.jp/privacy/en/bcr.html
Contact through the online inquiry form (https://uk.m.aipsurveys.com/inquiry) or mail to our registered address.
Also, you can lodge a complaint to the Global Privacy Manager of Rakuten or a data protection authority in accordance with Rakuten’s BCRs (https://corp.rakuten.co.jp/privacy/en/bcr.html).
* GeoTrust Japan Inc. is an internet certification body, which has been adopted both in Japan and overseas.